Monday, October 1, 2007

Playground Addition!



We added a see-saw to the playground this weekend. My mom and I were at garage sales with the kids on Saturday morning. As we drove up to one of the houses, they had a see-saw in the front yard. I said to my mom, "Those are $150.00 new, I looked at getting one for our playground and didn't want to pay that much". She said she would jump out and see how much they wanted for it. The next thing I know she is running back towards the van and when I rolled down the window she says "I bought it, you are going to have to give the lady some more money!". I was shocked! I asked her, "How much are we paying for it?". She responded, "$35.00 - there was a little girl there ready to pay $30.00 but I told the lady I would give her $35.00 if she would sell it to me right now!" Of course, the lady agreed and was too embarrassed to even look at the little girl. Mom didn't seem to care - her grandchildren now have a see-saw!!! I then had to call Chuck and get him to come back with his truck. Good job - Gram!!! TJ just loves his new see-saw.

No comments: