Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!





We had a WONDERFUL Valentine's Day. I have this thing about making holidays special - at least I try. So this morning when the boys woke up I had the table set for "Valetine's Day". I had heart shaped muffins for the boys to eat for breakfast and TJ got to even have a heart shaped lolipop before he went to school. TJ was SO excited about his valentines from school. When he got home I told him who each valentine was from. Later that night he shocked me by remembering who had given him each valentine. There are 15 kids in his class and 3 teachers, he knew every one of them. Tonight for dinner I made some of the kids' favorite things and we had Gram over to eat with us. Before dinner we let the boys open their Valentine presents (their Gram, Aunt Melodie, Uncle Jay, Aunt Stacy and Uncle Chad spoil them- they are SO BLESSED!) They had a TON of cards to open as well. I put all of the cards in a red basket and after dinner TJ had me read each one to him. He would carefully pull out each card and bring it over to me to read. He would make a comment about each card and then carefully put it in its own stack. It was so much fun to watch him enjoy the cards. The Foreman family sent him a Lighting McQueen Valentine that when you open it, the car starts its engine. Of course, it was TJ's favorite card. At the end of the day the boys knew they were loved and knew it had be a VERY SPECIAL day.

No comments: