Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!




I have had a WONDERFUL Mother's day. Chuck really went out of his way to make today and this whole weekend special for me. Chuck ALWAYS helps me out and makes me feel special so for me to notice that he has stepped it up really means a lot. Today he did some extra special things. This morning he took TJ out to get my van vacuumed and washed. He knows how much I love a clean car (but I never want to do it myself)! Then we met my family for brunch at a new restaurant, Village Tavern. I had the best shrimp and grits I have ever had in my life. We will definitely be going back there! TJ asked as we were finishing brunch if there would be any fireworks since we were celebrating mom today!!! I told him that in a few years if he wanted to plan fireworks for me on Mother's day that I would LOVE it!!!! When we finished lunch I told Chuck I wanted to go to IKEA (he doesn't like IKEA with kids but he took us anyway)! Then this afternoon my mom and I went and got pedicures - I NEVER get a pedicure, but I could get used to it!
Tonight after dinner my sweet boys presented me with a beautifully decorated cake. It finished a wonderful day of "celebrating mom" (as TJ kept saying).
At my house I feel like as a mother I am celebrated everyday. Chuck does such a great job of thanking me for all I do and he has the boys do the same. But, I have to say that today was extra special and I am so thankful to be a mom.

No comments: