Saturday, September 13, 2008

First BUS ride!




Tyler LOVES buses. I am not sure where his fascination came from but "bus" was one of his first words and when we pass a bus on the road everyone in the car knows it! Chuck and I thought it would be fun to take the boys on a bus ride. So where do you take a free bus ride in Orlando? Disney of course!!! We parked our car at Downtown Disney and then went to the bus stop to wait for the bus. This took a little more time then we expected but the boys were great. Every bus that came up TJ would say is that our bus? Finally the bus we wanted to take arrived and we got on. We were the only people on the bus and Tyler was SO excited. He kept looking around and I could just see on his face that he was thinking - I can't believe I am actually riding on a bus. We took the bus to the Contemporary Hotel and ate a snack (one that I had packed) in their lobby where the boys got to watch cartoons. We then walked around the hotel for a little while and then rode the monorail. The monorail was TJ's favorite part and he was really excited about getting to ride it. We took the monorail to the Grand Floridian and then took a bus back to Downtown Disney. We let the boys play at the Lego store and ate lunch at McDonald's. After our tour of Disney (without a ticket!) we got back in our car and came home. TJ thought we had "been to Disney". It is SO much fun to be able to do something so simple and still make the kids so happy. I know that will not last forever so I will enjoy it while I can.

No comments: