Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Frantic Over A Fever!




Tyler has had a cold for the last several days. He is also finally getting some more teeth. So the optimistic mother in me kept saying "He is going to get better soon, it is just a cold and teething". So the last couple of days when he has felt a little warm or been fussy, I just gave him Tylenol and didn't worry about him. But today when I got him up from his nap I could tell before I even got to the crib that he had a REALLY bad fever. I felt terrible, I took him right to the changing table and as soon as I put the thermometer in it registered 103 right away and then climbed to 104.3. TJ has NEVER had a fever that bad so I was a mess right away. I gave him Tylenol and called the Dr.'s office (at this point it was 3:40) they told me to take him straight to the office that is closest to our house. I called Chuck and asked him to just meet me there. He actually got there before I did. Then we got to wait to see the Dr. and we got to hold a VERY fussy 14 month old the whole time. We finally were called back and the Dr. said he had an ear infection. They assured me that I did the right thing by calling and bringing him in. They have put him on an antibiotic and they said I should see an improvement within a couple of days. She thinks he is fighting off something else besides the ear infection so we are going to watch him closely the next few days. He was acting SO much better after his bath, right before bed. He was excited about saying "go" and kept saying it over and over again. I got a picture of him right in the middle of one of his "go" moments. He felt good enough to listen to some of the bedtime story tonight. I was SO thankful that he was feeling better and that we were able to get him in and get him some medicine so quickly. God is SO good, he certainly answered my prayers today.

No comments: