Sunday, November 25, 2007

"It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas"





Chuck and I always decorate for Christmas the weekend after Thanksgiving. I was so excited to get all the Christmas things out this year. TJ has really started to understand and was eager to help. The first thing I put out was the Fisher Price Nativity. This is TJ's third Christmas to play with the Nativity. I am so glad I pulled it out first because he played with it for the longest time. It gave me the opportunity to decorate the mantel and the dining room while Chuck put up the tree. TJ is really starting to understand that we are celebrating Jesus' birthday. It has been really special for me to see him get excited about Jesus. Christmas is such a special time of year and being able to experience it through the eyes of a child is extra special.
On Saturday we got all the house decorations up and Chuck put the outside lights up. Then on Sunday we decorated the tree. TJ was so cute putting all the decorations on the tree. (Don't look too closely he really seemed to like one spot at the bottom - it is decorated REALLY well!) I put all of our Christmas books in a basket on the hearth and we have already enjoyed several of them MANY times. Every Christmas I say to myself "there will never be another Christmas just like this one". When I am reminded of that I treasure the moments with my family and children just a little bit more.

1 comment:

Cricket said...

I love reading your blog Mindy. Send some of your Christmas Spirit this way!!