Thursday, November 22, 2007

Turkey Trot




I am so proud of my Turkey Troters!!! Chuck and Gram both ran/walked the Turkey Trot this year. Chuck used to run the Turkey Trot every year but the last couple of years we have either had an infant or been out of town for Thanksgiving. So this year when mom brought it up we both thought it was a great idea. We got up early and got downtown for an 8:00 race. The boys and I cheered Gram, Daddy, and Gram's friends as they took off. TJ was so excited to watch all the racers start. Over 4700 participants for the Turkey Trot this year, a record for the event. After only 23 min. our dad was done, we were SO impressed!!!

I have to take a moment and brag on Chuck. He has not run in months and certainly had not trained for this race. To run over 3 miles in 23 min. was GREAT! I can't tell you how full of pride I was to be his wife.
It was such a great moment for our family to cheer Chuck across the line and then cheer Gram across the finish line too. She walked the 5k and finished right at 45min. Great Job, Gram, we were SUPER proud of you too. We look forward to making the Turkey Trot part of our Thanksgiving Tradition.

No comments: